Nuts about You!An educational stage play for high schools
Content Details of the Production
“Nuts about You!”
After a decade or so, Arney returns to his high school to relive some of the memories of his coming-of-age. Along his nostalgic journey, we meet friends and family members who helped him along the way, including his arch nemesis, Henry Hodgson.
Little does Arney realise, that Henry, (the golden boy), is battling more than the usual challenges of the rugby field…
What follows, is a delightful and heartwarming jaunt into the world of teenagers, first love, basic pranks, and redemption.
- “Nuts about You!”, is aimed at Senior High School students, ranged between 15 and 19 years of age. The production is crafted to also reach adults.
- 45 minutes long, and in English, the production is a heavy mix of comedy and pathos.
- Performed in the style of Commedia Dellárte. This style of performance features one actor, applying an array of theatre masks to portray a variety of other characters. This element serves to keep the audience visually enthralled while the message of the play prepares for an unexpected punch.
First performance in Cape Town
Schedule of Proposed Performances
It is estimated that a trial run of Nuts About You!, will premier in January 2018, for evaluation in April 2018. These three months of scheduled and confirmed performances, are to be secured by December 2017.
It is suggested that a minimum of 8 to 10 performances be scheduled per month, for the trial run period, with a further target of 50 to 70 performances per school calendar year, pending approval and sponsorship.
Each performance might be followed with a Q&A, survey, or questionnaire.
Each performance will require an assessment report to be completed by the actor, to be collected by LYN Foundation.
Each performance will be followed with a Free Masterclass in Character Mask Work, and General Performance Skills, for selected students.
Benefit Opportunities for Potential Sponsors
- Sponsors are invited to brand the event at each school, in a manner that is tasteful and respectful of the learning environment, and the artistic merits of the production.
- Sponsors are invited to include a message and logo, in all print material which will accompany the production and Free Mater Class.
- Sponsors are invited to extend naming rights to the production: IE: Nuts about You!, was proudly presented by ……. Or, ……. Proudly presents Nuts about You!
- Sponsors may avail themselves of 3 showcase performances, in prior consultation with the Artist, and Love You Nuts, free of charge, at events of their choice.
- Sponsors will be mentioned in all Print and Digital advertising of the production, and in all media interviews, where permissible.
- Sponsors may distribute Added Value gifts or merchandise, in prior consultation with the school where Nuts about Arney is in performance.
If you/your company would like to get involved and support this initiative feel free to contact Torsten Koehler.
Biography of Aldo Brincat
Aldo Brincat is a multitalented professional artist, teacher, entrepreneur, and corporate motivational speaker.
Among other awards, he is most proud of being nominated as Best Male, Solo Stage Actor of the Decade (2000 to 2009), by the Mail & Guardian, South Africa; along with Pieter Dirk Uys, Andrew Buckland, James Cairns and Rob van Vuuren.
Having a theatre based career that spans over 30 years, and having studied Theatre-making, under the legendary Jacques Le Coq, in Paris, France, Aldo’s focus is primarily in training, and working with the youth.
He has written and performed for (among others):
- The World Bank in Washington, DC
- The late Nelson Mandela, while he was still President of South Africa
- The current President of Botswana, This Excellency Lieutenant General Ian Khama Seretse Khama.
In 2006 Aldo was head-hunted to the position of HOD Theatre Studies, for a private high school in Gaborone, Botswana, where he currently resides.
During his time in Botswana:
- He was commissioned to direct the opening ceremony of the DTC Building, an event that hosted Former Batswana Presidents Masire and Mogae, current President Khama- as well as Sir Oppenheimer, and the BBC.
- His book, Diamonds Alive! (a commemorative photobook marking Botswana’s 50th Year of Independence), which celebrates a few of the men and women who have made Botswana great), will be published on the 1st September 2017. His Parton for this project is the Minister of Wildlife, Environment and Tourism. His Educational Partner for this project is the Minister of Education and Skills Development.
- His most recent solo exhibition of photographic prints, Foreign Nationals, was celebrated as among the top 15 exhibitions on the continent by Nigerian based arts publication, OKAYAFRICA, for 2015.
The Foreign National exhibition has been shown at:
- The National Gallery in Gaborone
- The HIFA Festival, in Harare, Zimbabwe
- The University of the North West
- Aard-Klop Festival
Aldo a runs many community theatre initiatives, and constantly seeks to assist in the improvement people’s lives, wherever the opportunity presents.