Be part of the Cape Town Marathon Nuts Team
15 September 2019
The following package deals are available
This package includes an guaranteed race entry (entries are limited), timing chip and ASICS Cape Town marathon shirt, Love Your Nuts vest and swimwear. Cost R 750 BUT if you raise R 1500 or more we will refund you your R 750.
10km Peace Run:
This package includes an guaranteed race entry (entries are limited), timing chip, Love Your Nuts vest and swimwear. Cost R 650 BUT if you raise R 1300 or more we will refund you your R 650.
Deal is available until 15 August 2019 or once entry voucher limit reached.
Got your entry already? No problem you can still join and we will refund the Love Your Nuts vest and swimwear if you raise at least a R 1000. Feel free to contact us
*I know not everyone like to run in a swimwear although it definately raises awareness. It will increase your chance to get donation because people love to donate to ballsy people. You are welcome to raise awareness in your running shorts too.
How to pay or get your entry and merchandise for free
You pay for your entry via your Givengain fundraiser. The steps to create your fundraiser are explained in the next paragraph "How to enter". No banking details needed. To register with GivenGain is for free.
There are two option to get your entry:
- Either you "fund yourself" and pay in the amount to secure your guaranteed entry (entries are limited) into your own fundraiser. Then share your fundraiser link with friends, family and colleagues via e-mail and social media, asking them for donations to raise enough money to get your entry refunded. So with a little bit of effort your entry and the merchandise can be for free. And you are supporting a fantesticle cause!
- Share your fundraiser link with friends, family and colleagues via e-mail and social media, asking them for donations to raise enough money to get an entry and hopefully enough to get the entry refunded too. So with a little bit of effort your entry and the merchandise can be for free. And you are supporting a fantesticle cause!
If a company sponsors you Love Your Nuts is a registered Section 18A, non-profit organisation and can issue tax certificates. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
How to enter
- Open this link on the GivenGain website.
- On the event page, click on “Start fundraising” to register a fundraising project with your Facebook login details or an e-mail address. (if you don't have a GivenGain profile it will take you a page to create one first)
- When logged in, click on “Select” next to "Love Your Nuts foundation" in the list of charities.
- Complete the project steps, adding a video, photo or both and providing information about your project eg. why are you running for this cause? (Check out the other project to get ideas)
- Set a realistic fundraising goal – you can always change it later.
- Set the date when your project ends weeks after the marathon. Chances are that people donating after the event because they saw and article or heard about it later.
- Share your fundraising project link with friends, family and colleagues via e-mail and social media, asking them for donations.
- Download the fundraiser guide for Cape Town Marathon here. It includes tips on how to get people to donate for your project. All funds raised will go to Love Your Nuts, even if you don’t reach your fundraising goal.
On another nut: For those who are NOT doing the Cape Town marathon/peace run but want to join the Nuts Team anywhere in the world here is the link to the running campaign and cycling campaign where you can register. Download the GivenGain fundraiser guide here.
What we do with the funds you've raised
LYN Goodie bag – a bag that can save a child’s life
Testicular cancer is most common between 15 and 40 and we target this age group.
We visit schools to educate the students in a humorous way about the risks of cancer and that early detection is lifesaving. We launch the cancer school programme with a educational/motivational talk by a survivor at the school. Every student receives a branded goodie bag.
A humorous and lifesaving way to reach the community through their connection to a school. One goodie bag is likely to reach more than 7 people because of the current household situation in South Africa.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Thanks for your fantesticle support!
Testicular cancer survivor, CEO & Founder